30V from 24V

And THAT is how they can find one pot plant in a thousand acre cornfield.

Reply to
jurb6006

That technique is somewhat after my time. Boksenbergs IPCS system was still cutting edge back when I was a professional astronomer. I saw the first CCDs get turned into cameras (curiously by the same group that developed the hardware and electronics for measuring survey plates).

There was some crossover between HEP and astronomy in that both groups wanted to digitise insane amounts of precision photographic data.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

On a sunny day (Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:21:42 -0500) it happened "Maynard A. Philbrook Jr." wrote in :

I did that in my first job, when I still thought I knew everything. The customer was not really happy. But they were a bit pedantic really. ;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Mon, 10 Nov 2014 12:57:13 -0500) it happened Phil Hobbs wrote in :

Yes OK, that is way out of my field, I was under the perhaps simplistic impression you wanted to see a red spot (OK dark red, dried blood) on a white egg, or even brown egg. If you can see it, then the camera can see it. A dark red spot on a evenly dark red egg would be more difficult, i.e. would not work. Maybe in your setup looking for specific haemoglobin absorption it will. But I never had a dark red egg from the super market, but maybe those were rejected .. You bet next time I come across an egg I will hold it in front of a camera. Seems a fun project.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:41:13 -0500) it happened "Maynard A. Philbrook Jr." wrote in :

We should try some lipsticked egss to see if Phil's device detect it.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:26:03 GMT, Jan Panteltje Gave us:

Interesting point comes to mind. They should segregate by color as early as possible. As in while they are still in the coup. Whatever 'transport' mechanism they use under? each hen and then that continued 'beltway' to the place where the end up going to the 'handling' facility?

Huh? Do they not do all this 'handling' right at the farm in the hen house?

So, if not, then there is already a step where someone packages them into pallets to take over to the handling facility. IF that is a manual operation, THEY should be doing the culling right then and there. Folks went and got all lazy. :-)

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno