30V from 24V

You can tell how old they are by counting the rings!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Right. Around 4:52 you can see the flashlamp-based blood spot detector. Those are a pain in the tuchis to maintain.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Don't be silly. Chickens seldom wear rings.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Cherish them. Think of all those breakfasts those hens have given you. (And remember the poor pigs, who gave their all for the same cause.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

On Sun, 9 Nov 2014 12:34:10 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

Actually... compared to Dr. Hobbs, it is decidedly clear that you are the clueless individual in this thread.

"Those things"? And you expect to be afforded credence in your remarks?

I think anyone over the age of four likely knows that eggs vary in size and color. Some even notice more subtle differences, like texture, and how hard it is to crack open, noting the cause to be the shell thickness.

Hell, even kids are smarter than you, Frederica.

You obviously know nothing about non-contact supply chain to the customer thinking. The quick turn engine pretty much ensure that we know what the season they were produced in is.

Some are kept for testing of various types. But YOU wouldn't know that. Because you are clueless about eggs.

Feels good to have that stated about you, right?

You are an insulting, overaged (physically)... ...(but apparently not mentally) adolescent brained twerp, at best. You are an insult to all engineers and all engineering sciences and disciplines. You are certainly an insult to mature adult men as well.

Your father sullied the human gene pool. Your mother let him. They should both pay. And here you are... acting the ass again.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

If the hen is old, the shell is thinner and the mineral content is significantly different from that of the egg laid by the hen in her prime:-)

This must be some kind of joke project, can't believe your sample was picked up at the supermarket..

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I have great respect for mechanics and machinists and carpenters. I think, on a per-centage basis, they are good at what they do more often than most other occupations.

But I'm an engineer; I design electronics.

I suspect that you don't do anything at all.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yes, it feels immoral to raise and kill animals for food. But they taste so good. Some day we'll grow meat in tanks with no nervous systems involved.

But, as Temple Grandin pointed out, if we didn't eat cows, there would be very few cows on the planet. Moral dilemma.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You're wrong about everything else so you might as well be wrong about that too, mechanic.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

OK, show us something that you do.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The pigs would happily eat you if they had the chance. The modern chicken obviously can't eat you but there was time when a chicken would make you lunch:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

hat too, mechanic.

I'm not here to talk about me, you're far more entertaining (un objet de ri

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I don't have any moral worries about eating animals, as long as they're humanely treated.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

They're not.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Cooking is useful. Can you cook?

Someone said that you are British, so I guess that's out, too.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

t that too, mechanic.

Keep fooling yourself that you're something special.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Yeah, but in some cases an outsider could come in and say "if you keep doing it that way you'll f*ck you back up" (and be right), even experienced experts are wrong sometimes.

--
umop apisdn
Reply to

On a sunny day (Sun, 09 Nov 2014 15:16:13 -0500) it happened Phil Hobbs wrote in :

The U.V signals, when displayed on a scope as x, y, form a vector where the vector amplitude is the saturation, and the vector angle is the color. You can make hard - or software comparators, to detect colors. You mentioned easter egg die for calibration, seems simple to me. I have done this many times, it is standard in teevee special effects, has been for over 50 years I think.

If you look here at the testcard, bottom right, the last frame displayed (is is an animation) has a sun in it. that is just color detection for 'orange', where it is orange the sun is shown (image switched)

In the animation, among other things,. the sun rotates around the test card.. Only 5 lines of code in my image manipulation language (I wrote), 'ppml':

Talk to Hollywood sometime, all you see is image processing, you do not even know or notice it.

These days, with reasonable fast computahs, often the software approach is better (because it can use more complex algos), and faster or fast enough for the intended purpose.

In this case why limit yourself to one camera, how about shooting the egg from 5 sides?

I am not saying your system is not simpler, but it should in my view run into exactly the same color issues. So I bet you use some software somewhere too.

Mine will document every egg with a picture..... :-)

Now we can, after running through a thousand eggs, marking the errors, run it through for example a neural net. learning, just like a humandroid would learn to tell a bad egg from a good one, other than by smell. :-)

Talk about Easter, now we are exposed to Christmas movies already, its November...

There was an exhibition of human like robots a while back (Japan), I fell for it, they had a girl with a face expression that was so real you thought it was alive.

What's coming.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sun, 9 Nov 2014 12:30:16 -0800 (PST)) it happened Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote in :

The past part of automation would be to replace the chickens with a machine.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

If the signal of interest shows up at all well on a YUV graph, sure. That's the kind of "sufficiently easy problem" I was talking about. Virtually no optical gizmo I've ever made would be replaceable with a system like that. Cameras are good for pictures, and complete crap for almost all measurements, especially spectroscopic ones. But many software people plow ahead anyway, with a serene pigheadedness reminiscent of biologists doing theology. ;)

You'd have to, which was the point I was making. You'd also have to turn it over in between measurements, because the conveyor partially blocks the view.

Of course just about every instrument uses software, but mine don't use software as a substitute for good data. I've seen lots of people try, and have cleaned up some of their messes.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs