2N7000 Pin Out??

Must be I'm doing it wrong then - I've been testing MOSFETs that way for nearly 2 decades and not broke any yet.

Theoretically an analogue meter with a 30V high ohms battery is capable of damaging the gate, which is more often than not rated at +/- 20V.

Reply to
Ian Field

Probably it's too small a die to make it worth trying to heatsink that hard.

John

Doubt it. I had to find just about every datasheet out there to get the correct pinout for a hundred of them. Fairchild packaging option to have the gate in the middle. No datasheet mentioned gate zeners AFAIK.

Reply to
Grant

Thanks; even in this package,the substrate is the middle lead = = drain. And like i asked before,why the big eM-fah-sis on the D-pak package whenit is clear that no version of this part gets to play house with the D-pak?

Reply to
Robert Baer