250 Watt 1GHz resistor

On a sunny day (Sat, 04 Oct 2014 10:01:29 -0700) it happened Jeff Liebermann wrote in :

You should really not rant so much.. its bad for your health.. I was contemplating this antenna:

Frequency Range 2.4GHz ~ 2.5GHz Impedance 50 Gain 24dBi VSWR 1.5 Horizontal Beamwidth Vertical Beamwidth

F/B Ratio 30dB Polarization Vertical or Horizontal TL Maximum Input Power 100W >We have a great working coversity network.

Interesting, seems more or less the same idea. One thing I noticed is that sometimes you get echo...

Here if I am with the porto on the south side of the house I trigger a repeater on the north side, and on the north side of the house triggers the repeater in the south, logic Mr Spock,?? maybe the walls reflect..

Yes same here, I scrapped an ebay 12V adaptor, the seller showed one with a picture of FCC and CE markings., what I received had neither, and even managed to create interference bands in a screened video link on the otehr side of the house. no radio reception possible to 20 MHz or so... So scrapped it, and used the box to build my radiation logger in:

Agent was a good newsreader, but no Linux version, so I wrote NewsFleX, back in those 199X days:

the GUI is inspired on Free Agent, originally it was called Secret Agent ...

Yes but the downlink is at 10 GHz, so my normal dish with a modifed LNB should do. I found some interesting things, been studying modifiying standard LNBs, I have a plan :-) (more than one actually).

I managed to transmit a 45 minute or some mpeg2 movie yesterday, until things stopped working. Late last night scoping I found the flatcable that connects the raspberry to the modulator board had intermittent dataline 0 (last pin on cable), plugging and unplugging the connector many times broke the flatcable inside. I just managed to get that connector of and put it back on again (no spare at hand). Did you know Chinese flat cable looks thinner (the copper inside) than the normal ones? I mean I have some USB cables with hair thin strands, but they do it to flatcable too!

Did some VCO stability (drift) tests yesterday, build a second stabilized supply for the VCO only, These things have a 10 to 20 minutes or so warmup even with their own supply. But it will be in a PLL, it still works without PLL! Pretty good.

The other thing I want to test if I can build a 90 degrees (old fashined way) audio phaseshift and that way transmit SSB (driving I and Q with 90 degrees out of of phase audio), as then I can use their narrow band transponder with a resolution (step) of 256 Hz (prescaler), and work voice via that sat. That would be the old 'phasing method'. Hey I have to 2016 to get it working. Also ordered a 2 W 2.4 GHz amp from ebay, that will be to drive the big one, and great for local testing. Hope that works, sort of assuming those WiFi amps can do QAM and must be linear in a way.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

After experimenting for a while, I decided to change teh setup. This was the old one:

I decided to go directly for 2.4 GHz

I ->- AD8346 ------>----------------->-- 2 W driver amp ->- 75W Spectrian Linear RF Amplifier Board ->-( dish Q ->- SSB | quadrature UBP1505 modulator :256 | prescaler ^ | | | 9.3752 - 9.41211 Sirenza VCO | VCO | 2400-2500 :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje