2200uF 100V COG ceramic for under 10 cents

Apparently Digikey sells one. Part number:

B37986G1222J051

It's actually a 2200 pF cap, but I wonder how long till that size ceramic caps are available. At the rate ceramic cap development is going with the new dielectrics, it won't be too far off.

Digikey should give a discount or something (to a maximum of a reasonable value) for reporting such gross errors.

Reply to
Jeff L

It won't be an NPO/COG. All of the high K ceramics are temperature dependant, nonlinear and piezo-electric. They are fine in cases where the exact value doesn't matter much but they can't be used for good filters or accurate timers.

Reply to
MooseFET

The EPCOS 2200pF 100V is an honest C0G cap, with a low tempco, and presumably low DA as well, see page 9:

As for another factor of 10, let alone 100 or 1000...

DigiKey's highest value is 0.01uF 50V, # B37986G5103J054, 1620 pieces in stock for $0.36 or $0.28, qty 10 or 100.

Winfield

I was refering to the value in the title. I guess I should have been a bit clearer.

BTW: We get 0.01u NPOs so 2200pF isn't at the extreme anymore.

Reply to
MooseFET

New materials are far from c0G capability...

Reply to
Robert Baer

All i could find for NPO in DigiKey was their PCC2167 (1206 0.01uF @50V), their 490-1765 (1206 0.082uF @50V), and the 490-1767 (1206 0.1uF @25V). If one does not care about the dielectric but still wants a "low" TC, their 490-1941 gives us 2220 in X7R at 4.7uF, 50V 10%. Not too shabby..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Is the "0" in C0G a zero or an oh?

Reply to
Eugene Rice

Its oh.

Reply to
MooseFET

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Sorry, it is zero.

See:

"10. Care will be taken to make sure that all references to C0G in EIA 198 be C0G and not COG."

You will have to search that sentence for c(oh)g versus c(zero)g to find the answer.

Reply to
John Popelish

Zero.

(at the bottom)
(page 4)

Reply to
John Popelish

So yesterday, having specially wound 2 off T50-3 toroids with 80 turns each (losing the will to live in the process), I assembled the bandpass filter using 220pF ceramics from the drawer. Toroid Q's measured in at a nice 280. Swept the filter. Near useless, 20dB loss. 'Twas the damned ceramic caps. Turned out their Q's were a useless '30'. Checked the drawers and all the ceramics >100pF were crappy medium K with 30ish Qs. Originally bought in as nice low K-NPO-COG types.

Yes please. Bigger COG/NPO/Lo K caps (and bought in inductors). Sod those ludicrously expensive Silver Mica things And please please could they be moulded in a different body colour?. And could Farnell please stock 'em in values greater than 330pF.

Reply to
john

Yes, that does seem to be the standard. Out in the rest of the world however, it appears that it is written with a oh more often than not. cog capacitor gets more than twice the google hits of c0g capacitor.

Reply to
MooseFET

ceramic

the

reasonable

SO? DB9 gets a lot more hits than DE9, but its still wrong.

Results 1 - 100 of about 575,000 for DB9 connector. (0.40 seconds) Results 1 - 100 of about 10,400 for DE9 connector. (0.32 seconds)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I recall Bob Pease mentioning that DigiKey sells rather much larger C0G values than that for reasonable prices, so now it's a challenge to find what the largest really is... it took well under a minute to find 445-2709-1, 0.22uF 50V, but none in stock at the moment. On the other hand, 445-2708-1, 0.15uF 50V, is in stock. It's an 1812 size SMT part, not too bad for size. The data sheet suggests a volume that yields about 450 parts per cubic inch, so you could get about 68uF at 50V per cubic inch, for about $400. Quantity drops the price pretty quickly, so you can get 330uF/50V for about $1500.

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Tom Bruhns

Lots of people say oh when they mean zero when saying the digits of a number. That doesn't make them right, but it is something to understand that is a common practice.

Reply to
John Popelish

ceramic

the

reasonable

See:

The purpose of language is to communicate. The DB9 case is a classic example of how the language evolves. Assuming we are still using the DE9 in a few more decades, everyone will call it "DB9" so if you want them to understand you, you'd have to say "DB9"

Reply to
MooseFET

ceramic

the

reasonable

And so on, ad.. well..

"ad nauseam" 939,000 "ad nauseum" 947,000

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I believe it is a zero...for zero TC.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I don't care if "They" understand. The part number is DE-9 from any reputable manufacturer or distributor.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida