16mm x 5mm fuses - UK source?

Does anyone know a UK source for miniature 16mm x 5mm mains fuses, as used in 1960's communications receivers e.g. RA1217, PR155 ?

Reply to
Andrew Holme

I suspect you mean a 5/8 " fuse. You'll have some trouble I suspect.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

"Pooh Bear" wrote

I suspect you mean a 5/8 " fuse. You'll have some trouble I suspect.

Graham

**** Why trouble? Farnell have them ranging from 50 mA to 7 A,Belling Lee type L562. 15.9 mm X4.76 mm (5/8 X 3/16 ")

Brian Goldsmith.

Reply to
Brian Goldsmith

These were made by Belling-Lee IIRC, they called them the '00' fuse cartridge and made one of their panel fuseholders with different caps, one for 5 X 20 and one for this size.

I don't know of anyone making them now, but have a look at Bulgin's web site and see if they have them listed.

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Often, if you come across vintage gear with bizarre fuse sizes, it is easier to just make some adaptors to put a modern fuse in there than it is to do anything else. It's usually a matter of finding some brass stock that is the diameter of the fuse you want, cutting two short pieces to length, then drilling holes into each one whose diameters are that of the modern fuse you wish to use. It helps to have a lathe but you can do it with a hacksaw and a hand drill if you're careful.

--scott

--
"C'est un Nagra.  C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
Reply to

I read in sci.electronics.design that Andrew Holme wrote (in ) about '16mm x 5mm fuses - UK source?', on Tue, 15 Mar 2005:

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Woodgate

Blimey ! I thought they deleted them from the catalogue years ago.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear