??????? ??????!

Happy Easter, all.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Thanks, Same to you and yours!

For my Jewish friends, as some of my children and grandchildren observe, I hope you all had a marvelous family Seder at the beginning of Passover. ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | Phoenix, Arizona 85048 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

Today is not Easter, it's Cesar Chavez day.

I did get some great Caesar Chavez chocolate bunnies.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

Yeah, I noticed that. When he rises from the dead, I'll pay more attention.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Wonder why Google decided to rub our noses in our traditions? Seems like the whole leftist world is intent on destroying any remnants of family... I guess so we'll be better little commies :-( ...Jim Thompson

CC had one really great line. Talking to a bunch of farm workers, he told them not to use birth control because it "reduces the numerical power of the poor."

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

You mean when it's /claimed/ he rose from the dead...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Elvis has left the building.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

.highlandtechnology.com  jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Happy Easter to all. Today I changed my home page from google to bing. The Chavez thing is just over the top. BING had some nice eggs. Nothing really religious but nice.

Reply to
brent

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I'm finding that some evangelical lunatic has taken it upon himself to be t he last word on the comparative mythology of Jesus Christ on wikipedia by t rying to disguise a sermon as an unbiased overview of the knowledge base. H opefully wiki can be persuaded to delete his garbage.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

last word on the comparative mythology of Jesus Christ on wikipedia by trying to disguise a sermon as an unbiased overview of the knowledge base. Hopefully wiki can be persuaded to delete his garbage.

Wow, Wiki being unreliable on controversial issues? Who knew? Stop the presses!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

be the last word on the comparative mythology of Jesus Christ on wikipedia by trying to disguise a sermon as an unbiased overview of the knowledge bas e. Hopefully wiki can be persuaded to delete his garbage.

Well that's just it. It shouldn't be controversial. They should just cite t he various archeo-historical studies and leave it there, instead of pretend ing to have reached an incontrovertible conclusion like the evangelical lun atic who /thinks/ he's gotten away with something.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

It has to do with non-sectarianism. Easter is sectarian, Chavez day is non-sectarian.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

o be the last word on the comparative mythology of Jesus Christ on wikipedi a by trying to disguise a sermon as an unbiased overview of the knowledge b ase. Hopefully wiki can be persuaded to delete his garbage.

p the

the various archeo-historical studies and leave it there, instead of prete nding to have reached an incontrovertible conclusion like the evangelical l unatic who /thinks/ he's gotten away with something.

All the cathedrals in Europe were built by lunatics by your reasoning.

Reply to
brent

non-sectarian.

Easter is certainly not sectarian[*], however I will grant that "Chaves day" (whatever the hell that is) is secular, if that's the word you were looking for.

Definition of SECTARIAN 1: of, relating to, or characteristic of a sect or sectarian

Nope

2: limited in character or scope : parochial

and nope

Reply to
krw

May come as a shock, but nonsectarian is a word:

adj. Not limited to or associated with a particular religious denomination

Then standby for another shock:

Easter n.

  1. A Christian feast commemorating the Resurrection of Jesus

primary definition and understanding of the word

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

No argument there...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

So not only did Chavez top Christian Easter but he topped spring solstace too?

Doesn't celebration of spring solstace go back to way before recorded history?

As soon as mankind began to cultivate food crops, spring solstace got to be of huge practical importance.

Rabbits, eggs and grass symbology came from ancient pagan celebration of the indeniably important natural holiday.

It was an "auspicious day" long before the earliest concepts of a judeo christian god even existed.

Yet Chavez upstaged it by being born?

ROFL!

Reply to
Greegor

There is no such thing.

There is a spring equinox, This year it was on 20 march in the northern hemisphere.

Neolithic architecture suggests that it may.

Not really. rules for when to plant what vary with geographic location and climate.

so important you missed it?

indeed.

--
?? 100% natural