Where can I get a BZV90C16

My fridge/freezer broke down and the repair guy replaced the circuit board then said that a component always burnt out on the boards:

BZV90C16 - A Phillips Voltage regulator diode. (Plastic surface mounted package (SOT223 (SC-73)) with increased heatsink - 4 leads)

I've googled this and appear only to be able to buy it in large quantities. Does anybody know where I can buy a few for future repairs.

(David Johnson, on a forum, says I can use a 1N5353 zener diode (two leads) soldered onto the correct pads. The BZV90C16 has four leads. Whilst the outer two pins on the bottom are soldered onto the same contact this still leaves the middle bottom and the top ones.)

Reply to
Bongo

Hi !

Can you tell us how many pcs you need for this repair jobs ?

Waiting for your idea !

-- Patrick Cheung townt.com Address : 1805, Wu Sang House, 655 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong Tel : +852-25055838 Fax : +852-25058121 E-mail : snipped-for-privacy@towntarget.com.hk Web-site :

or

"Bongo" ???????: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Patrick - townt.com

That BZV90C16 probably has 4 leads to help conduct the heat away. It's better known as a zener diode btw.

Yes, you could substitute a leaded part if you know how to do that effectively and that would be the simplest solution.

It's a 16V zener btw from the -16.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Oh..... Farnell carry them ( for the insanely high price of £1.19 + VAT ) but you're still into a minimum order charge.

Actually, even they don't have the -16 the -15 is closest. It's 1.5W btw.

A 1N5353 is *loads* cheaper !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:15:10 GMT, Bongo put finger to keyboard and composed:

The datasheet for the BZV90 series is available from

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar