Touch Switch

Hello,

I am looking for a small component or circuit to make a touch switch of an aluminum shell. Circuitry inside the shell would only be active while somebody is touching the shell. When not touched I need minimal battery drainage.

Tom Hubin snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
Tom Hubin

and search for "427-1099-2-ND"

DigiKey sells a single-IC solution to this, from Quantum research group. Look at QT118 for a low-power part. They work pretty well. From a human factors point of view, you can do two interesting things:

(1) make a pushbutton that apes/felony inmates/severe abuse cannot kill

(2) make a pushbutton no one knows is there

Reply to
whit3rd