What voltage is this cap?

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

Indeed it would. And lets not get into the poot size stats.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

John English
Reply to
John E.

No polarity markings, so not a polarized electrolytic.

Doesn't make sense to have a 0.1uF 630V unpolarized electrolytic.

Given the application, it must be part of some snubber and safety- rated film caps would certainly be used in such a case. I don't often see them in cans anymore (in my head I associate film/wax capacitors in cans with the good old Sprague "Vitamin Q's"), but they do come in cans sometimes.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Can you be more specific as to the type? Maybe a reference to a Mouser or Digi-Key item?

Thanks,

--
John English
Reply to

EPCOS B32232 series is an example of a film cap in a metal axial can:

Digikey part number 495-3542-ND seems to match your component superficially at least.

You will find a lot of film caps with pulse handling capability specifically called out these days. Especially used in switching power supplies and electronic ballasts at line voltage.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Thanks so much for your assistance. Invaluable to one whose knowledge in this area is so... basic.

--
John English
Reply to

My poot length is 10", at least that's what I tell the ladies.

Reply to
Dave