Princess 4.5 inch TV

Has anyone got a schematic or a method for adapting a Princess 4.5 inch TV to AV in. I need a small composite monitor for an old machine.

Also where could I find a composite monochrome 6 - 10 inch flatscreen new or salvaged out of some consumer item to build into the said machine.

regards Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Tweddle

Sounds to me like somebody didn't google first.

If you do not google before posting your question I will have to send a complant to your ISP.

Reply to
Malissa Baldwin

Just use an RF modulator. You can get them at Radio Shack or Walmart.

- Tim -

Reply to
Tim

Last year I found some interesting web sites documenting the use of the Sony Watchman (tiny CRT-based TV with a flat screen and very slim profile) as the embedded monitor for some clever handheld projects.

Search the web and if you can't find what you need, I'll search our local archives.

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

Just a case of feeding it in after the tuner, and getting a point where the signal is the right way up. I've done this with a bigger TV. Thankfully miniatures normally run off an ext transformer, so no psu isolation issues.

So the challenge is finding the right point, where the signal becomes baseband. Output of tuner is where to start. I'd either scope the possible points first, or maybe use a piezo with series R to check they sound right, if theres any risk to a scope.

C/R etc might be needed to tweak the input signal to suit the tv, due to dc offset. A cap on the input is good practice, as composite outputs can have dc on them.

I'm not sure what else you need to know.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Reported as SPAM.

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

I eventually found a schematic of the KA7511 IC that runs the TV and it had a generic schematic, unfortunately it was unreadable. I then followed your advice and scoped the IC to find pin 5 was the output from the tuner which gave me a baseband video signal. I connected up an RCA socket to this point and I now have an external picture running over the normal picture. Next trick is to disconnect pin5 and insert the signal and a switch in the chain.

Thaks for the help. Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Tweddle

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 09:06:41 +1000, Andrew Tweddle put finger to keyboard and composed:

The KA7511 is an SMPS controller, ie a power supply IC. It has nothing to do with the tuner or IF stages.

Here is a legible datasheet: http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/fairchild/KA7511.pdf

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Good news. I dont know which bit of the cct sets up the dc levels there, bit it might just be whatever you disconnect of course.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Frank, my mistake, it should have written KA2915. Another project was on my mind.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Tweddle

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 11:57:42 +1000, Andrew Tweddle put finger to keyboard and composed:

The AN5151N is a compatible chip. This datasheet has a legible application circuit:

This is the datasheet (in Chinese) for a compatible CD5151CP:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar