Aperture (electronic iris) manufacturer?

Does anyone know where I could purchase a standalone aperture (electronic iris) mechanism ? - i.e. the type with a tiny servo attached. Thanks, -Pete.

Reply to
Pete Gray

I've not seen them with a variable iris, only an open/close shutter, but

or

would be worth asking. Professional optics components tend to be expensive.

You might find a cheap lens that has the right control for use on CCTV cameras, in which case I suspect taking the lens apart and removing the glass might be a cheap alternative.

An ex-collegue of mine developed a variable shutter/iris as part of his PhD. For the application, there was no commerical alternative - money was no object, but he had some rather exacting requirements.

His PhD thesis is online

Dave