Pictiva TAB connector

I'm looking at possibly using one of OSRAM's Pictiva OLED displays in a future project but I'm stuck trying to find some sort of connector for the TAB connect on it. It's basically a flex circuit with 31 connection pads on 0.4mm spacing if I've read the rather minal data sheet publically available correctly.

I could probably develop one using elastomeric connectors and I will probably take a look at that but for initial prototyping at least I'd like to use an off the shelf connector if one exists.

Anyone worked with one of these before?

Robert

Reply to
Robert Adsett

I use a 33 way FFC connector (on 0.5mm pitch, admittedly) for a display. I get them from Molex. If you haven't had more responses by the time I get in, I'll post the part family. It would seem silly to make a product for which there isn't a commercially available connector.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Much appreciated. I've got an inquiry in to Osram as well, also asking them for a complete data sheet. The elastomeric approach looks like it might be quite feasable (AMP has an interesting product using it that isn't quite general enough), and if it is I wouldn't mind having the technique in my back pocket but a commercial connector would be much better.

Robert

Follow-ups reduced.

Reply to
Robert Adsett

Hi Robert

Can you confirm 0.4mm pitch? All the suppliers I use (AVX, JST, Molex, AMP) do 0.3mm and 0.5mm, but not 0.4mm.

Seems odd to put a non-standard connector on something especially when there isn't FFC to actually fit either.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

I'm with you on that.

I went back and checked. I did misread the drawing. The 0.4mm is either the gap between conductors or the width of the conductor (they also use it as tolerance in their total width dimension and I misread it as n*pitch). The actual pitch is 0.7mm. I've not seen that pitch either so I'm not sure that helps.

Thanks for the attempt though, I appreciate the effort.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Adsett