What is PCF79735S ?

Can't find this component in the Internet. Any idea? I found it in car remote - BUT IS HAS NO ANY CONTACTS, it's stuck into plastic wrapping.

Reply to
ggap

"ggap" schreef in bericht news:ej6lkf$q7e$ snipped-for-privacy@ss408.t-com.hr...

Not sure, but could it be a "transponder", in form of a small glass tube with coil and small IC inside, my FORD remote key has one, if I remove it from the key the car won't start.

Regards, Ben

Reply to
Ben

The PCF prefix denotes a Philips Semi (now nxp) part. As the NXP site truly sucks, it may not be exporting the appropriate pages via google or other engines.

I suggest you look at nxp, if you can stomach the useless flash and crap.

I now refuse to use their parts - I can't even navigate the site without javascript and flash enabled.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Reply to
ggap

It's possible the part was made by Philips (now NXP) for a specific OEM under contract and therefore has the Philips prefix but is not available to a general public search.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

This was a Philips (now NXP) part. It has not been offered for about six years. It is described as a "secured program, readwrite transponder" according to DN44 on the NXP site.

Reply to
Dennis Doe

Thanks, all of you.

Reply to