Weight of an SOIC8 chip ?

Anybody knows how much a typical SOIC8 chip weighs ? Also, how much does the packaging (tube of 98) weigh ? The device of interest is AD's AD82AR.

-- André Majorel (Counterfeit: snipped-for-privacy@incoherent.com snipped-for-privacy@thelma.com) "Duty, honor, country" -- Douglas MacArthur "Travail, famille, patrie" -- Philippe Pétain

Reply to
Andre Majorel

The 208mil 8 pin ones that we use are 1g each, 90 per tube.

--
Jim
Reply to

Jim Nagy schrieb:

Those chips are surely made of pure lead, SO-8 has about 80mg.

Regards, Dieter

Reply to
Dieter Wiedmann

1 g seems high to me as a DIP8 weighs less than that.

Someone else told me a tube of 10 SOIC14 weighed 3 g. Proportionality suggests an SOIC8 + package weighs 170 mg on average.

Thanks folks.

--
André Majorel
(Counterfeit: yhiw@accordant.com qehiq@predicament.com)
"Duty, honor, country" -- Douglas MacArthur
"Travail, famille, patrie" -- Philippe Pétain
Reply to
Andre Majorel

You're probably right - I was thinking of our incremental shipping weight including the tube.

--
Jim
Reply to