voltage regulator for very old motorbikes

I join my two hobbies, electronics and antique motor vehicles, by doing electronic retrofits and upgrades on old vehicles. Lately I got into building voltage regulators for some of my fellow antique Harley enthusiasts. I built a couple of regulators out of discrete components. This led to a newsgroup query about chips with inbuilt diode strings, which eventually led to somebody mentioning the MC3325, an alternator regulator IC with a diode string in it. Several other part numbers came up but none looked as good as the MC3325. I was just wondering if there is anything else out there.

Reply to
kellrobinson

For an interesting, low cost solution using discrete parts only, see "6 V Dynamo Regulator" in the February 2006 issue of Elektor Electronics magazine

--> Magazine --> February 2006. Nice photograph there.

Hope you find this useful Richard (UK)

Reply to
homelab

On 11/01/2006 the venerable snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk etched in runes:

. .

How come you have your copy so early, when us normal subscribers (20+ years) are still waiting? Smells of nepotism to me ;-)

--
John B
Reply to

I downloaded the mag this morning, about 3.5 UK pounds. Great to be able to do this, esp from far-flung antipodes. Disappointed the design calls for SMT - nice and small but what a hassle.

Jordan

John B wrote:

are still waiting?

Reply to
Jordan

are still waiting?

hi John,

why wait for the printed version? The complete February 2006 issue as well as all individual articles were available online yesterday

12.1.2006, the date of my posting. Just keep an eys on their website.

Rick

Reply to
homelab

Sorry, that should be 11.1.2006!