VCSO and VCXO difference

I have involved in high frequency project and I don=92t know difference between VCSO, VCXO. I will be really appreciated if anyone clarifying this difference.

Reply to
rajeev.komarian

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@a29g2000pra.googlegroups.com:

VCSO uses a surface acoustic wave, and CVXO is a standard quartz crystal that uses the whole crystal volume (presumably in a longitudinal wave). The SAW runs along the surface so the crystal can be a lot smaller.

it took me a few Google links to track any real info but it became clear once I reached this one:

Lostgallifreyan