What's the difference?

Pardon my ignorance, but I know little about the different "families" of digital TTL chips. Can anyone please explain what the chief operating differences are (if any) between a 74LS164 and a 74HC164? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Please reply soon.

Reply to
Theo

Pick a manufacturer that makes both, pull up the datasheets, and compare typical, min, and max values for:

- supply voltage - quiescent supply current - switching time - propagation time - input lo/hi threshold - output fanout - output lo and hi voltages - output current capability - input current

Reply to
Walter Harley