Searching for low-cost touchscreen LCD modules for embedded GUI

I am designing a handheld product that requires a GUI. Using character LCD modules and buttons seems crude and disjointed for today's consumer electronics devices. I am impressed with touchscreen LCD GUI modules offered by companies like Amulet technologies. They provide the user a rich interface with touchscreen control. However they are very expensive.

I would like to find lower-cost embedded GUI packages or at the very least low-cost graphic monochrome touchscreen LCD modules (less than 4 inches in size). I would appreciate any advice.

Reply to
gandro_digest

Now you know why crude is still being used.

Reply to
Donald

Check out Jim's GUI in his thread titled "Small Graphical LCDs - Free Image utility avaialable - What have I missed" which has lots of good detail and should get you a free solution if you're lucky.

Larwe and my replies in the Alistair George's "Touch Screen LCD modules" thread should also be useful.

Where are you based?

Reply to
Tom Lucas

Not really low cost but the lowest I had found...

Martine Riddle