Low-Cost Bluetooth Modules

I'm looking for some low-cost Bluetooth modules for the ability to easily add Bluetooth capability to some of my designs. I suppose something under $20 would be acceptable. I need the module to be self contained--just solder onto the board and communicate to it with a micro. I module that manages itself would also be desirable. A SPI or I2C type interface would be preferred.

Does anyone have and leads or sources for something like this? Thanks.

Reply to
Jerry Girard

Google: bluetooth serial module and you get what I saw last week while hunting down parts...

John_H

easily

under

would

Well, if you can solder BGA.....

Be aware though that these tranceivers are not complete bluetooth modules and certified as end-product. Which means that your design is not FCC approved by default. If you use a module from Ezurio

former TDK) your product is FCC approved for the BT part because these modules are approved as end-product and come with a sticker you stick on the outside of your product to comply with the rules.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

I use the Ezurio module, and something else you get with a completely pre-approved module is the right to use the Bluetooth symbol. If you do your own implementation, and you want to use the Bluetooth symbol, you'll need to go through the approvals process (about $10k). If you don't need the symbol, then it depends what you need - Gennum

makes a module as well.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to