Searching for a certain LC-Display

Hi

It would be great if any of you experts knew a source for the following 3 1/2 digit LCD (it belongs to a Metrix MX 522 DMM):

_______________________________________________ | _____ _____ _____ | | I I I I I I I | |

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Most likely a totally custom device.

Reply to
TT_Man

However, an almost identical LCD is relatively easy to get, look in the usual component suppliers in your country. These are almost always single backplane LCDs with one pin per segment. Assuming this is a 1-off replacement, then get one with pins rather than zebra strip, and wire it up by hand.

I replaced the LCD in a Keithley multimeter, the original was all black (I think someone left it in the thermal chamber while temperature testing the machine it was connected to.) The replacement (I think it came from Maplins in the UK) has "LOBAT" and "+" instead of "BATT", "-" and "~" on the left but is quite usable as a replacement (I wired the ~ wire for AC reading to the top&bottom segments of the + so it now says : for AC which is fine).

Mike.

Reply to
Remove _ for valid address