Schematic - for a thumbwheel

Hi!

I have a schematic for something - including some thumbwheels, meaning those BCD coders, with 2 buttons... so you can count from 0 to 9, and have 4 outputs.... what is the symbol for that?

And - if anyone can tell - what is a thumbwheel in Danish or Estonian?

BR Sonnich

Reply to
jodleren

I have my BCD switches layed out as 4 switches with a single common and

1,2,4,8 as notations over the appropriate switch bat. All inside a single symbol outline. Hope you can visualize that.

Jim

Reply to
James Beck

I'd just make a box with 5 pins named 1, 2, 4, 8, and C. If I was feeling artistic, I might try to draw something that looked like the face of the switch in the box.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI  Vancouver BC, Canada
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

So did I. But the electricians didn't get it.

BR Sonnich

Reply to
jodleren

"jodleren" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

I was feeling artistic...

Any good?

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

innews: snipped-for-privacy@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Well, yeah... I get it, but does the electric, who has to put this together?

I think I still go for the box.... with C, 1, 2, 4 and 8. They can be "blocked".

BR Sonnich

Reply to
jodleren

"jodleren" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

Why encourage them to be stupid? If they can't get it from the obvious drawing of four switches in a box with a pair of plus/minus buttons on it and a standard acronym for Hexadecimal or Binary Coded Decimal, I doubt they could reliably comprehend the difference between an DPST and an DPDT switch, and they should give up their job for someone who can.

Labelling the pins will be up to you, as the orientation will depend on the most convenient fit in your diagram.

In the vague hope that someone will these symbols useful, I have them in vector form, in PDF files, so they can be scaled and printed accurately.

(HEX Switch Symbol)
(BCD Switch Symbol)

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan