replacement for a MR2504s power diode

Dear All,

I'm looking for a replacement for a power diode with reference MR2504s that, as far as I could find, was manufactured by Motorola a long time ago. Does anyone have a suggestion? I could not find a datasheet on the web, and the best I could find ware the enclosed specs. I'm not sure about the manufacturer, sice I don't have a way to compare my diode to a datasheet. The markings on the diode body reads:

M (small M, motorola symbol?) MR2504S "diode symbol" 7515

The diode is used in the rectifying section os a tri phase hi-current (30A) 50 V laboratory power supply.

Tank you very much

Jos=E9 Mariano Dep. of Physics University of Algarve

Specs: Part Number =3D MR2504S Description =3D Silicon Rectifier Manufacturer =3D Motorola V(RRM)(V) Rep.Pk.Rev. Voltage =3D 400 I(RM) Max.(A) Reverse Current =3D 100u @V(R) (V)(Test Condition) =3D 400 I(RM) Max.(A) Pk. Rev. Current =3D 500u @Temp. (=B0C) (Test Condition) =3D 100 I(FSM) Max.(A) Pk.Fwd.Sur.Cur. =3D 600 V(FM) Max.(V) Forward Voltage =3D 1.15 @I(FM) (A) (Test Condition) =3D 79 @Temp. (=B0C) (Test Condition) =3D 25 I(O) Max.(A) Output Current =3D 25 @Temp (=B0C) (Test Condition) =3D 150 Status =3D Discontinued Package =3D StR-10 Military =3D N

Reply to
jmariano

Motorola SPS morphed into On Semi a few years ago.

The part you are looking for is probably this:

The 'S' would be a location code (interesting you found some specs with it but there's nothing at the OnSemi site - On Semi hs a good reputation for maintating docs for even obsolete devices)

It's possible that the S is a packaging code, with the R in 'StR-10' suspiciously reminding me of 'reverse' packaging codes. The device I found however, is a power button.

You didn't say what the one you have looks like.

7515 would mean it was manufactured in work week 15 of 1975.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS