pushbutton

Could some kind person please tell me where I can buy *cheap* waterproof panel mounting pushbuttons (or pushbuttons with waterproofing boots). They need only a 12V 100mA rating, single pole, latching (push on push off), will only ever be operated ~100 times.

Requirement is only ~3k pa - would buy in 1k+ lots.

Thanks

Reply to
RHRRC

How cheap is *cheap*?
Reply to
John Fields

Perhaps you can consider magnets and reed switches instead.

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

if you're going to deal with a bulk order like that then, why not use a water tight membrane pad that operates latching relays inside the unit? I didn't specify if this application is under water and at what depths?

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

A membrane might make sense if a bunch are going to be installed on a single product. Even then, you still have to make the membrane itself waterproof. (or water tight).

What the Original Poster should really do is spec the IP rating he needs. Like: IP65, or IP66, etc.. That will help a lot.

Plus, it would help to know the physical form factor he's working with.

My immediate thought was 22mm or 30mm pushbuttons. (Like Allen-Bradley, or Automation.com, or even Square-D). Yes, I am aware AB fails the "low cost" test....

If he wants something smaller, my experience is you have to shop around because vendors always seem to change their offering every 3 or

4 years.
Reply to
mpm

I find a lot of the 22 mm line are junk.. I don' know about you, but I find those from AB are just junk.. IDEC has a good line of 22 mm operators and indicators.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

I am looking for IP65. Cheap and cheerful. Just about *any* size pbutton will be OK. Small is generally cheaper. Beacuse of cost will probaby come from China mainland direct.

Regards

Reply to
RHRRC