On-off switch

I was really concerned about what was planned for this device since there are many improper uses for such a device and it is very, very unusual to need any kind of phone triggered device. I still struggle with this a bit. Knowing that there are inappropriate uses to the technology I really don't know why you're so angry that I've had a concern about the final application.

Throughout the thread you have been secretive about what you planned to do with such a device. If this was a straightforward application you probably would have told us all about it by now.

If this is related to your attempt to capture callers numbers, then I suspect you may be dissappointed - it's easy to withold a number from nuisance calls and you'd have to involve the authorities to capture the real number.

You've already had a load of suggestions from other posters.

I've raised my concerns, you've half explained why you are pursuing this - it's time to move on.

If this is really required to aid a family member, concentrate on them and consider if this route is really the best form of action.

Reply to
On Web

What impropers uses could there be in all reality? Only someone who wants to live on the margins of real-world probability would dream up some weird use and think that to be the most likely.

Archiving CLID numbersis one thing and switching a device when the line is in use is another.

So what on earth are you talking about?

If I wanted to capture callers' numbers I would use a CLID machine but why would switching have anything to do with that?

And a lot of strange stuff from you.

In other words, you have nothing to offer.

Don't bother to make a display of your crocodile tears.

Reply to
Jim