Need NTE326 alternative

I've got a circuit that works perfectly with NTE326 P-channel JFET (prototype). I need to replace this with a SOT-23 footprint (PCB, surface mount). I tried a BSS84 but it does not work in the circuit. Any suggestions?

I have limited ability to read the datasheets, and the ones on these components seem especially obtuse to me.

DataGet® & PocketLog®  www.dataget.com
Data Collectors               www.baxcode.com
Baxter

Try a cross ref wit National, they always seem to offer a humungus selection of packages for their units. You could also buy SMD to Thrughhole converters, but they are a bit pricy, around 10 dollars, Jameco offers them. Also you could just solder tiny pieces of lead line wire onto the NTE326 to create an uggly fitting into the SOT-23 footprint. I have converted SMD component to Throughhole, using this method, and they turn out very nice looking actually.

Reply to
Mr. J D

There are probably several near equivalents in SOT23 from various manufacturers such as ON Semi.

For example I think the MMBF5460LT1 would do the job admirably.

Just compare the specifications against those for the NTE326

To a large extent your choice will probably depend on just how many you need and whether any particular supplier will have them in stock.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Thanks.

After posting, I continued to search and the MMBF5460/MMBF5461 looked like it might fit. I'm glad to have confirmation.

I can get them from Mouser for $0.19 and under - which fits with my BOM.

--

Data Collectors

surface

Reply to