Motherboard Speaker

I recently bought a motherboard speaker such as the one at

. Basically, the thingy that beeps at startup, signals HW anomalies, and used to make sounds in old DOS games.

Now, I was wondering how to make another one with pieces bought at electronics shops. What pieces are needed? How is that type of connector called? And what's needed to make sounds: a piezo transducer, a piezo beeper, a piezo buzzer, a piezo sounder?

Reply to
Fabrizio Gennari

To MAKE a speaker ? Both piezo and moving coils speakers are used in various PCs. Just buy one.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Reread the post. He's not asking how to build a speaker, he's asking how to build the little unit that's often available preassembled that has a speaker and connector and wire to connect them together. Just because he doesn't use the right term to name the assembly doesn't mean his post isn't clear.

He wants to know what to ask for when he buys the connector.

He wants to know what to ask for when he buys the actual speaker.

Simple.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Why not buy the assembly pre-assembled ? The tooling for those tiny connectors is damn pricey.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore