Motherboard MOSFETs.

Looking at the MOSFETs on various scrap PC motherboards, those that I can identify from the part numbers, some reference as being logic level, while some have VGSthr around 2.5V ish although the datasheet doesn't say in so many words that they're LL.

Still it seems like a reasonable bet that MOSFETs that are unlikely to have Vds more than about 30V, probably are.

Am I right or wrong?

Thanks.

Reply to
Ian Field

Those MOSFETs are probably converting the 5V bus into a programmable low voltage to drive nearby chips at insane currents. They will have excellent specifications except for Vds.

--
I will not see posts from astraweb, theremailer, dizum, or google
because they host Usenet flooders.

Probably the highest Id rating I've seen was 95A, its possible I've seen one or two with Vds rating of only 20V.

30V and about 70 - 80A is fairly typical.

Some data sheets for devices I could identify, say in so many words its logic level - but not all of them.

AFAICR: the highest VGSthr I've seen was about 4.3V.

Reply to
Ian Field