MOSFET

What most diffrent is beatwen N-chanel to P-chanel MOSFET transistor? Is maybe this, N-chanel pursuing curent when is voltage on Gate, and P-chanel pursuing curent when not have voltage on Gate?? Thank you

--
Buiæ Bojan
www.pulainzenjering.hr

The biggest difference is their *polarity*.

The influence of gate voltage depends on whether the device is an enhancement or depletion type device btw.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

No; the difference is not logic but polarity. Take any working N-channel circuit, change the MOSFET to P-channel, reverse + and - on the battery, and you will have a working P-channel circuit.

Reply to
mc

Then, if I want that P-chanel pursuing curent in state where is in gate 0V, in which pin (drain-source) I most given + polarity.

"mc" je napisao u poruci interesnoj grupi:5IFEg.17236$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews8.bellsouth.net...

Reply to
inz

V,

I'll rewrite that for you

'Then if I want a P-Channel to conduct when the gate is 0V, what must the pins be'

Drain should be negative with respect to the source.

To make this operate, then tie the source to the positive side of the supply and the drain to the negative side of the supply (through a load). We'll call the negative side of the supply '0V'.

Pull the gate to the negative side of the supply ( 0V ).

If you are using a P-Channel enhancement mode device, the transistor will conduct.

Cheers

PeteS

el

Is