Looking for 27.12MHz crystal oscillators

I need a small quantity of 27.12MHz crystal oscillators in the DIP

14/4 pin can package. The usual places (digikey, mouser) don't carry that frequency. Anyone know a place that will sell me
Reply to
Kevin Criqui

It always helps to say what you need it for, since after all it may turn out that you can use some other freuqency, or some other solution.

Use various multipliers to see if it lands on a common oscillator frequency. then you just need to divide it down. Even multiples make the divider easy.

Have one made. That will cost, but if you actually really need that frequency there may be no choice. A custom crystal may be somewhat cheaper.

27.125 is/was a common CB frequency, Channel 14 I think. Before synthesizers took over, many CB sets and most 100mW walkie talkies used such a frequency in the transmitter, though it was usually an overtone crystal.

But until you reveal what you need it for, we won't know whether it really needs to be at 27.125MHz or you merely think it does.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Ask these guys what a programmed one would cost:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I'm repairing a Q-switch driver (basically a 50W RF generator) for a laser system. If the frequency is not very close to 27.12MHz, the q-switch would need to be aligned differently and the driver would not be interchangeable. There are lots of 27.12MHz applications (high power plasma stuff) so I'm surprised how difficult it is to find an oscillator at this frequency.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Criqui

Because most people roll their own. It's easy to get a crystal since it is an ISM frequency.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Just a wag is that in the model aircraft control band ?

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

I have *somewhere at the attic* a few of those Oscs in 14/4 and

27.12MHz, they are salvaged from some units and i expect you need more than a few and then new. Manufacturer was Motorola when i remember right...

Jorgen

Reply to
Jorgen Lund-Nielsen

I'd suggest calling Cal Crystal Lab / Comclok. They seem quite willing to individuals in quantities as small as 1 piece (no minimum order). "Custom frequencies - our specialty". A few years ago I ordered a custom oscillator from them, and received excellent service at what I felt was a very reasonable price. Nice folks.

Dave Platt

In article , Baron wrote: ...

27 Mhz CB and RC are secondary uses of an Industrial/Scientific/Medical band.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

Actually, I only *need* 1 of them, though if I find a source, I'll probably buy 10 just in case. If you can find 1 or 2, I'd happily pay a reasonable about for them plus shipping.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Criqui

Thanks - I've sent a request for quote and will let you know what they say.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Criqui

So is being 5KHz off beyond the limits or not? Because you could just ask locally for a channel 14 CB transmitter crystal, and someone just might have one. Or check the hobby shops to see if they have radio control crystals for that frequency, as someone suggested (I don't know if it's all RC has moved off the 27MHz band). Or go to a garage sale, or the Salvation Army, and look for an old style 100mW walkie talkie; before a certain date they ran on the CB band and all of them that I ever saw were on Channel 14, 27.125MHz.

Given a crystal, it's not particularly difficult to build an oscillator around it.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Thanks:

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Is diathermy still a primary there?

--
   If only there was a Republican running for President of the United States.
Reply to

In article , snipped-for-privacy@radagast.org (Dave Platt) writes: ...

Several years ago when I asked a similar question, Subject: Re: Low jitter oscillators - special frequencies

Somebody (via email) suggested Cal Crystal. They had what we needed in stock. Good service and all that...

Hal Murray