Is this a 15w bulb

Hi all

I'm trying to source a replacement bulb for my garden lights but not having much success.The local garden centres no longer stock them :(

The bulb needs to be a 12V 18W wedge type but the closest I've found is RS Components code 106-486

Could someone confirm that this is a 15w bulb as it only gives a current rating (1A) in the spec (Also what's the difference between T1, T3, T5 bulbs ?)

Alternatively if anyone knows where I could get an 18w bulb (in the UK) then please let me know

Cheers

Jim

Reply to
Jim

The T numbers AIUI relates to the bulb shape and size.

In what style package ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:15:51 +0100, "Jim" put finger to keyboard and composed:

RS Stock No. 106-486 is described as a "Lamp,filament,wedge base,T5-16mm,12-15V,1A", so that would mean it is a 12W/15W lamp.

This datasheet has dimensional specs:

This document discusses filament lamp specs and lamp construction:

Prefix letter indicates shape of bulb. T = tubular G = Globular S = Straight side wall

Two systems used for coding glass diameter. European = metric system. Example: T10 = tubular shape, 10mm diameter USA = ANSI system, where one unit of diameter equals 1/8 inch such that T-1 = tubular shape, 1/8 inch diameter

This is a potential cause of confusion, therefore it is important to remember to use a hyphen within the USA system of coding to differentiate. ========================================================================

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar