Identify video switch IC

I'm trying to identify a video switch IC which is used on a Video capture card for which I'm writing a driver. Unfortunately, the manufacturer has ground the markings off the chips, just to make life a little harder. The IC has 8 inputs and at least 2 outputs, probably arranged as two 4-input 1-output switches. It handles composite video signals directly. It is a 16 pin minature dual-in- line surface mount chip. I believe the pin connections are:

Pin

1 input select 2 input select 3 video input 4 video input 5 video input 6 video input 7 video output 8 ground 9 video output 10 video intput 11 video intput 12 video intput 13 video intput 14 input select 15 input select 16 +ve supply

If anyone recognises this chip, could you let me know the part number (and point me to a datasheet if you know where that might be)?

Thanks.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Reply to

Hello Andrew,

No idea but if you don't get any takers I would start at Maxim. They make a lot of this stuff.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Thanks. I browsed through their chips, and they are the right sort of thing, but there isn't one that matches the pinout.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Reply to

Philips would be another suggestion.

Wouter van Ooijen

-- ------------------------------------

Webshop for PICs and other electronics
Teacher electronics and informatics

Reply to
Wouter van Ooijen (www.voti.nl

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Might make life easier if you provide details of the card and surrounding chips as well, loads of PC based cards are just an implementation of an application note for the capture IC.

--
Clint Sharp
Reply to

People that grind the markings off chips are only ever very small time operators. Do not spend too long writing your driver (if it is for commercial use) - there will not be much of a market using that particular video pcb.

Reply to
R.Lewis

The card is sold under the name Grandtec Grand X Guard. There's very little on it. The heart of it is Conexant Fusion BT878A PCI video decoder. This decoder has 4 inputs and an internal switch. However, the card has 16 inputs and an extra 2 switching chips, which I was trying to identify. The switch control lines are driven directly from the general purpose IO lines on the BT878A, and it was specifically the driving of these lines I was trying to get to work.

In the end, I have worked it out by trial and error driving of the switch control lines, and got the driver working. It would still be interesting to identify these chips, but it's not holding up my work on the driver anymore.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Reply to

Intersil is another place to try.