How do I make a small flashing led light that flashes avery 7 seconds

How do I make a small flashing led light that flashes avery 7 seconds. The board needs to be about the size of a silver dollar and could be powered by a watch battery.

Reply to
kenburnette

There's an LED flasher chip. If you live in the UK, they have (or had?) beginner magazines also.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

If it can be powered by 3 or more volts, a 74C14, one resistor, and one capacitor make a fine flasher. google for "schmitt trigger cmos oscillator". Use one gate for the oscillator, the other five in parallel to drive the LED.

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

If you like software, you could use a PIC. (or any other tiny self-contained CPU)

Yes, that's way overkill for such a simple problem, but it doesn't require any external timing components and sometimes you can think of useful fancy things to do with the extra program memory.

Hal Murray