Help in ID of a part

Pictures will be on alt.binaries. pictures.radio Have large diode. It has a seperate small terminial on one side. Also shows a diode marking. Printing as follows. DELCO RADIO 6909 (diode mark) 632670. Also stamped A3634 and this is also etched on heatsink. I looked in all of solid state reference books I have and Googled every way I could think of. It checks as a diode. I also checked as a triac (no results). checked as SCR (no results) ??

Reply to
Warren Weber

A diode has 2 connections, SCRs and triacs have 3 so it should be easy to tell those apart !

If it's from Delco days I'd suspect a Germanium diode.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Why? Delco is still in business, and I'm sure their ICs are not Germanium.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida