Help identify this component

Hello Group,

I am trying to identify a component on a motherboard. On the pcb it is printed next to the component "Q3" and marked on the component is the following, please note that the last character is unreadable as a small corner of the component is blown away :-

1084 CE B923A*

( * represents the character that is unreadable )

I originally thought that the component was in a TO-220 style package, however I am more inclined to believe that it is MOSFET or similar in a TO-252 style package. If a photo would help, let me know and I can email you a photo.

Any help in identifying this component would be greatly appreciated

Regards Pigsie

Reply to
dgrigg

snipped-for-privacy@kcc.com schrieb:

AIC1084CE

Regards, Dieter

Reply to
Dieter Wiedmann

Thanks Dieter,

Yes I believe you are right and that the component is a 1084 series 5A Voltage Regulator. have one on order.

regards pigsie

Dieter Wiedmann wrote:

Reply to
dgrigg