Forward voltage maximum of bandgap diode?

Can anyone tell me the forward voltage (maximum) that a bandgap micropower shunt voltage reference can sustain eg an LM4040 - 4.096v ? The data sheets make no reference to this parameter. Thanks Nick

Reply to
Nick

It's not specified. I would expect it to look like a silicon diode. The absolute maximum 'forward' current is 10mA.

Note the parasitic die attach Schottky diode (also unspecified) which is connected to the "NC" pin. Connecting this to the 'cathode' might alter the 'forward' characteristics (as opposed to leaving it floating).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Thanks for your reply Spehro. Nick

Reply to