Data Recovery

HDD has stopped working. I have opened a 2.5" drive (Samsung). I am moving the disks to an exact duplicate drive, just long enough to pull the data off and copy it to another drive. anyone know a trick to get the center screw out that holds the disks in place???

Reply to
Syscon

snipped-for-privacy@usmc.mil (Syscon) wrote in :

ahh .. I wouldnt move the disks. Odds are, that the motherboard of the drive is bad. If you have access to another exact drive, you can transfer the motherboard of the hdd over, it is easy.

I have done this many times.

mike

Reply to
Mike_in_SD

If you have opened the case to expose the platters you are on a rocky road ! Change the PCB ! Its far safer !

--
Baron:
Reply to

If you opened it and you weren't in a cleanroom at the time, it's already too late,

*-*-*-*-*-*+heads/opHeight+boulders+contaminants+hair+on-this-page+that-diagram-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*+dust

Reply to
JeffM