capacitor replacements

Howdy, I have an older Harman Kardon that I am trying to replace the big caps in the ps. They are 27000uf 80.0v aprox 50mm*105mm. I have tried Mouser and Digikey as well as Newark. I cannot locate anyone who has these in stock with these specs. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Woodruff

Gary Woodruff Inscribed thus:

I belive "Nichon" (I think that spelling is right) have caps the go up to 80V in about that physical size.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Digikey part # 338-1991-ND is a 100 volt, 27,000 uF cap. The

100V rating will work fine for you. Unfortunately, Digi has 0 in stock. You could contact them to ask when they will be in.

Alternatively, you could email Cornell Dublier (CDE) snipped-for-privacy@cde.com or phone (508) 996-8561 to find out what distributors thay have, or if you can buy the caps directly from them. Their phone tech support is great - I don't know if their phone support for general inquiries is good.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

I suspect you meant Nichicon. Nichon is the label frequently used by=20 cheats parading as the real thing.

Reply to
JosephKK

JosephKK Inscribed thus:

Hi Joseph, Yes you are probably right. I got some replacements for a PSU a while back. I didn't keep the packaging with the order list, so the name spelling was from memory.

If it helps I can request the data sheets for the parts that I was supplied with. If I recall they were 80VWG 64000uf.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.