CA3079 small qty required

I need 10 - 15 of the above to keep a number of old egg incubators going for a few more years. If anyone has these could they please email me direct with price.

Thanks

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Does NTE still carry a replacement?

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist!  I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!

According to

SK3541 and NTE914 are equivalent. The NTE914 is discontinued, but there's

7 in stock according to
There's also 4 of the SK3541.
Reply to
JW

for a

Rochester electronics claims to have 9k+

I love their motto!

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

:>Ross Herbert wrote: :>> :>> I need 10 - 15 of the above to keep a number of old egg incubators going for a :>> few more years. If anyone has these could they please email me direct with :>> price. :>> :>> Thanks :>

:>

:> Does NTE still carry a replacement? : :According to

:SK3541 and NTE914 are equivalent. The NTE914 is discontinued, but there's :7 in stock according to
:There's also 4 of the SK3541.

Thank you JW and Michael... I found the reference to SK3541 earlier but that is just the company stock code for the CA3079. Unfortunately, as with most component brokers they have minimum order values of around $200 and that is more than my customer wants to pay. I am thinking a slight re-design using Atmel T2117 might be a possibility. The circuit is so simple it could be bashed up using Vero stripboard.

Ross Herbert

Active has them on ebay. Not cheap......Paul

catguy

:> Thanks :>

: :Active has them on ebay. Not cheap......Paul : :

: :

Thanks for that. If all else fails then I might give them a go...

Reply to
Ross Herbert

There's some on Ebay as well, item #380205036619:

JW

Oops - you beat me to it. Should have read the thread fully...

Reply to
JW

Earl Andrews

has a qty of 15 NOS CA3059 at $4.70 ea so I plan to relieve him of them. The 3059 has some additional internal circuitry connected to pins 1, 6, 12 and 14 but the PCB they will be used on does not connect anything to these pins so it should be a plug in functional replacement.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

for

that is just the company stock code for the CA3079.

The SK line was RCA's universal replacement line, just like Motorola had their HEP line and then later ECG and NTE had their replacement lines.

Some of those replacements were iffy, especially early on when the lines didn't have that many devices, so you'd get crosses that were vaguely equivalent rather than identical. But since RCA created the CA3079 and RCA originated the SK line, chances are good that the SK number is in fact the proper equivalent.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black