Bezels

I'm designing a project with a small LCD on the panel.
Where can I go to find a matching bezel? There's gotta be an
Amce Bezel Co. out there.

(Size yet TBD, may well be find bezel first, then
choose display...)

Re: Bezels
On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 04:47:22 +0000 (UTC), David Lesher

We usually buy a polycarb sticker that paves over our entire front
panel, and includes a clear window for the LCD and little frosty
circles to let discrete LEDs shine through. But the setup costs for
that make it impractical for small volumes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3fycoyhpus0vpc/a4.jpg?raw=1

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

Re: Bezels

FWIW, Elecraft opts to protect their LCD panel with a simple, custom-
fit, rectangular, rounded corner, thin Plexiglas cover held in place by
four screws:

http://w1mj.com/radio/k3/smoke_test.jpg

Danke,

--
Don, KB7RPU
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;

That, however, brings up another possibility.

A polymer (I want to say "vinyl" but there's more than just that out
there!) face plate, possibly laser or ink jet printed on the back side,
with the legends for the unit.  Then glued into place with some glue.

Plexi would do it also.  (For that maybe front print clear vinyl for the
label, and a plexi overlay?)

Just tossing ideas out there; only David Lesher can say what will work
or not for this item.

RwP

Re: Bezels

Digikey has a lot of bezels. Like light pipes and knobs and spacers
and such, very expensive.

Site Timeline