Are rechargeable ALKALINE CELLs still available?

Some called 'grandcell' which I've used for 2 years need to be replaced, but they've gone off the market here.

Have these [made in Malaysia] been banned, or what ?

==TIA

Reply to
no.top.post

Seems many are discontinued:

John :-#(#

                     www.flippers.com
John Robertson

Even if you can find them, stay away from them.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

d,

I never heard of them before Tom. Why stay away from them?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I never heard of them before Tom. Why stay away from them?

George H.

There is a good reason they are not available anymore. They were junk. They leaked, charged to incorrect voltage, sometimes overheated and caused problems, and lasted about a month.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

ey

OK thanks Tom.

Reply to
George Herold

Despite the OP saying that his had lasted two years?

Peter

Reply to
Pete

Its possible, but the odds are against it.

Reply to
TomBbiasi

On Aug 10, 10:07=A0pm, Pete wrote: > Tom Biasi wrote: > > There is a good reason they are not available anymore. They were junk. They > > leaked, charged to incorrect voltage, sometimes overheated and caused > > problems, and lasted about a month. >

IIRC they were only good for a small number of chargings like 25 or so. Perhaps they were better in terms of self discharge. The NiMH cells I use in my camera have only been charged a few times in the first year for 1600 shots.

G=B2

Reply to
stratus46

They seemed prone explode or leak. I used to use the Rayovac "renewal" ones.

One broke open like biscuit tube in my hand. I wasn't hurt in any way, but it was a little surprising.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader