5X& Smart Led Display.

I bought over the weekend a set of LED displays that were described as

5X7 smart led display. They are of the same size and look of the TIL311 with the same pinout, but are not hex displays. On the side there is this number: 6496619. Underneath GI 811 on one unit and GI 552 on the other. I did several searches on Google with that number and no hit. Any idea where I can find a datasheet or the pin description for them. Thanks for any help.
Reply to
Aurel Boisvert

Most likely is a TIL311, it was sold under quite a few OEM/house numbers. Compare your displays against a TIL311 or against a detailed picture of one. The chip and layout should be quite visible through the epoxy. If they compare, then it most likely is a TIL311. Just connect one of yours as a TIL311 and give it all 16 combinations of 4 bit data and see what happens. The TIL311 PDF data sheet is widely available. Just google it (see below). I have done this with a few displays that looked Identical to the TIL311 and they functioned like a TIL311. The temperature range and other specs may have been different. Phoned TI in one case, they admitted to making it, but would not give me any more detail - since it was a house number. They wouldn't even tell me for whom they made the part. I think there was also a non-hex version (just

0 to 9), but it worked OK when put in place of a TIL311. Going by faded memory here, I think it was a TIL306 or someting like it. There were also the TIL302, TIL303, TIL305, TIL308 and TIL313. Too bad that my TI opto databooks from the 70s and 80s went out in the last move. Still have an old Fairchild and HP opto databook from then... but that doesn't help here, other than that HP second-sourced the TIL311. You may want to look at:

Aurel Boisvert wrote:

Reply to
TIL311 and the like

Reply to