Latest threads in Electronic Componentsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Interfacing the USB port
Hi. I have built a circuit that outputs raw digital data in form of a bit stream. The next step is I want to somehow read that data into the USB port of my laptop (pc or mac), transfer it to the hard...

F-plug need to be fully tightened?
I'm in the UK. I have the usual F-series connector on the coax entering my cable modem. -------- I need to remove the connector every now and then so I lubed the threads with a smear of vaseline. At...
76
76

small microphone element -- non-electret?
My mother-in-law spilled something on the handset of her CrystalTone amplified telephone, and the outgoing volume level is now pathetic; i.e., the people she calls can hardly hear her, even with the...
2
2

Help with component identification
shows how to read those numbers. -- Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages. If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server...
7
7

Blue LED with no emission beyond 480 nm
I'm seeking an LED with no emission beyond (longer than) 480 nm. It's best if it was eye-safe so as little UV emission as possible is desired (> 400 nm ?). The few blue led's I've come across with...
3
3

Pin layout for a voltage regulator
From the National Semiconductor website (they invented the 78xx and 79xx voltage regulators): The 78xx datasheet is available from and shows your pin 1 as input, 2 as ground, and 3 as output. The 79xx...
5
5

[OT - FS - Toronto] Tens of Zilog z8001 and support chips + others
Hello groups, Sorry for the commercial posting, but given the nature of the components I guess this is the best place to offer them... I have for sale in Toronto a dozen of rails of mostly Zilog and...

Help identifying unmarked component - see picture.
Hi, I'm trying to fix an old but very complicated Calcomp pen plotter (model 1044gt). At the moment the machine is crashing so I have decided to look at identifying the circuitry in more detail. On a...
3
3

Looking for a NAP PTV 300 HV Distribution Block
Got an old PTV 300 set that needs a HV Distribution Block. Latest part number is 4835 219 67023. Current part has 0023 030 50002. Parts list shows 0070 528 20002. Substitute would be acceptable as...
1
1

What is a(n) XC78170P 16-pin DIP
I have a new-in-box PS-2 recharger for Rayovac's discontinued Renewal Alkaline Batteries and would like to (try to) modify it to charge other batteries. Simplicity itself inside: small two-voltage DC...

White LED with emission down to 400 nm
Is there a white led that emits down to 400 nm ? The one's I see have a peak in the blue near 450 nm with a sharp fall off down to 420 or 430 nm. I'd like to use one for absorption spectroscopy to to...
1
1

Is this op-amp uV/C that high?
I'm try to figure what the offset voltage temp drift for the Ina116P op-amp, Ina116P datasheet: At the bottom left side of page 5 is a chart. Looks like there's an appreciable chance of getting an...
35
35

Low-profile replacements for SMT electrolytics...
Hi, I'm looking for the lowest profile replacement for a low-ESR 4u7 250V SMT cap - currently I'm using a Nichicon UUJ2W4R7MNR1ZD, but that it quite high - I'd prefer something far lower profile,...
9
9

Looking for this switch (Midas Venice solo switch)
I'm repairing a Midas Venice mixing console. Try and avoid doing so. It's a nightmare Despite the agent's tech insisting that the 'solo' switches are 'self cleaning', no amount of exercising them will...
17
17

Looking for AMI Switched Capacitor Filter IC
I am looking for an AMI S3529 switched-capacitor HP filter. The S3529 and the S3528 LP counterpart were featured in an April '86 QST article entitled SuperSCAF and Son. I still have the S3528, but...