3D positional sensor for people

Hi,

I'd like to know if some kind of 3D positional system exists in this world.

I explain. The purpose of this 3D system would be to correcly monitor the xyz coordinates of a sensor in a small space (typically a room that covers something like 500 m3). In small words, this sensor is to be worn by old people in a rest home or patients in an hospital.

The hoped features are thus:

- the horizontal resolution doesn't need to be very sharp (a few dozens of cm) but I would like to have a correct vertical resolution in order to detect falls;

- the system can be active or passive wqith a preference for passive systems (RFID tags for example);

- the system MUST be wireless, of course, with a preference for RF (I can't imagine a ultrasound system be able of suche things) and be interferences-proof;

- last, the system MUST be able to send several positional information per second in order to detect falls (falls is merely a high negative dz/dt).

I know that accelerometers are useful in this kind of need but accelerometers only measure acceleration. Si, I'd like to know if a different concept based on permanently monitored 3D position could be financially viable.

Does this kind of thing exist today ?

Rgds,

db

--