Short-Range Indoor Positional Transmitter...

Hi all,

I'm working on a project in my spare time, and I'm hoping someone here will be able to give me some advice...

I'm building a small robot which will be capable of travelling around an enclosure autonomously, while simultaneously relaying its position back to my computer. The end goal of the experiment is to have the robot build an accurate map of its enclosure, based on where it can/ can't travel (there will be obstacles for it to manoeuvre around). Once I have achieved this, I intend to use this positioning/mapping capability for further tests. At the moment, the enclosure is 2m in diameter, and I have planned for three receiver units to be positioned in known fixed locations around the perimeter. Ideally, I would like to know the exact position of the centre of the robot within the enclosure at any time, and for this position to be as accurate as possible (to the millimetre...if possible!).

What I would like is some advice on types of transmitters... As I have said, I require a very accurate positional device which operates over a relatively short range (

Reply to
andrewsja

This group is about oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, wave soldering equipment--that sort of thing.

A group that deals with transmitters would be listed here:

. . You should also *subscribe* to the Usenet groups where you post using Google Groups. Give yourself a real username

--DON'T USE AN EMAIL ADDRESS THERE:

(You can see how Google's default turns your username into an unrecognizable mess the way you did it.)

Reply to
JeffM