Timer by Pspice

Hello all, I have to simulate a digital circuit, in the circuit there is a timer triggled by a leading edge pluse, it is to say that when the leading edge comes, then the timer start working. I don't know how to realize it bu PSpice. can someone help me, thank you very much.

Reply to
Joey-zyzmax

Circuit? Do you have PSpice A/D?

...Jim Thompson

Spricht so den Dorfidioten.

PSpice A/D does quite nicely as a digital simulation tool and includes a nice selection of 'HC CMOS parts (as well as most other commercially available stuff) to select from.

And PSpice can also do MIXED analog and digital circuits.

...Jim Thompson

Looks like you should avoid Babelfish ;-)

You should also avoid commenting on a simulator which you have obviously never seen, let alone exercised. Clearly you've missed my schematic posts on A.B.S.E which included digital components.

GNU nuts are just about as uninformed as leftist weenies ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Only for analog.

Which PSpice is in digital mode.

PSpice digital simulation is event-driven, unless analog components are added. See the following on the S.E.D/Schematics page of my website.

DivideBy2p5.pdf

HowManyOnes.pdf

OneSecPulseWidthOncePerHour.pdf

SequencingLEDsForTurnSignals.pdf

SyncRingOsc.pdf

TwoBitUpDownGrayCounter.pdf

...Jim Thompson

Joey-zyzmax wrote: : Hello all, I have to simulate a digital circuit, in the circuit there : is a timer triggled by a leading edge pluse, it is to say that when the : leading edge comes, then the timer start working. I don't know how to : realize it bu PSpice. can someone help me, thank you very much.

PSpice is exactly the wrong tool to use for simulation of digital circuits. [1] Try using something like Tkgate instead:

Stuart

[1] Yes I know the quibblers and nit-pickers on this froup will say that you can do some level of digital stuff in PSpice. The point here is that Hr. Zyzmax is evidently a clueless newbie, using SPICE to do digital stuff is a non-optimal way to work, and so Hr. Zyzmax should be helped to find a more appropriate tool.
Reply to
Stuart Brorson

Hi Jim and Stuart, thanks very much for your advise and help. I of course have a PSpice A/D. and the digital circuit is only a small part of my design, also there are a lot of analog parts in my design. so I think PSpice is really the good tool to simulate it. to avoid using A-to-D and D-to-A subcircuits. I decide to use analog behavioral modeling(ABM) to replace the digital part. also the timer can be realized by using a VPLUSE, but the big problem for me is how to realize a timer triggled by a leading edge. Maybe I need to use the Customizing Device Equations using C language. but I think it is too hard for me to use it. is there some good ideas for me? thank you very much.

Reply to
Joey-zyzmax

Are you trying to realize a digital timer (with a clock), or an analog timer, like a 555 (for example) or other one-shot?

There are behavioral (digital) one-shots in the library. You just specify a time and away you go.

...Jim Thompson

:>Joey-zyzmax wrote: :>: Hello all, I have to simulate a digital circuit, in the circuit there :>: is a timer triggled by a leading edge pluse, it is to say that when the :>: leading edge comes, then the timer start working. I don't know how to :>: realize it bu PSpice. can someone help me, thank you very much. :>

:>PSpice is exactly the wrong tool to use for simulation of digital :>circuits. [1] Try using something like Tkgate instead: :>

:>

:>

:>Stuart :>

:>[1] Yes I know the quibblers and nit-pickers on this froup will say :>that you can do some level of digital stuff in PSpice. The point here :>is that Hr. Zyzmax is evidently a clueless newbie, using SPICE to do :>digital stuff is a non-optimal way to work, and so Hr. Zyzmax should :>be helped to find a more appropriate tool.

: Spricht so den Dorfidioten.

Weil Sie auf meinen Post reagieret haben, so muss ich annehme, dass Sie under den Dorfidioten stehen. :-) [1]

: PSpice A/D does quite nicely as a digital simulation tool and includes : a nice selection of 'HC CMOS parts (as well as most other commercially : available stuff) to select from.

: And PSpice can also do MIXED analog and digital circuits.

Wonderful. Does Hr. Zyzmax need to do mixed signal analysis? Or is he analyzing a clocked counter? Does PSpice handle synchronous logic analysis, or is it only useful for combinational logic analysis? And if you can do synchronous logic analysis, is there a graphical primitive (i.e. symbol) for a clock oscillator?

And does Hr. Zyzmax need a >$1000 "upgrade" to get any of the required features for logic work?

Stuart

[1] Kaum zu glauben fuer ein Messingrattetraeger, nicht?
Reply to
Stuart Brorson

: Looks like you should avoid Babelfish ;-)

Fuer Deutsch brauchue ich kein Bablefish.

: You should also avoid commenting on a simulator which you have : obviously never seen, let alone exercised. Clearly you've missed my : schematic posts on A.B.S.E which included digital components.

I don't read a.b.s.e. Please post a pointer to a schematic you've produced which best suggests how a clocked counter/timer can be simulated using PSpice. I will then be happy to look at it using groups.google.com.

Ultimately, I still think that using SPICE of any type is not the best way to simulate simple digital circuits since SPICE is a stepped-time simulator. Better, I think, to use an event-driven simulator. However, I am willing to be proven wrong about the specific capabilities of PSpice.

: GNU nuts are just about as uninformed as leftist weenies ;-)

Naw, Free Software types are too busy writing code and doing real work to waste time looking at the alt.binaries.* hierarchy.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Brorson

I really want a analog timer, but I don't think 555 is a good way, because there are several timers in my design, so if I use 555, I think the simulation time maybe long

Reply to
Joey-zyzmax

Look in 1_Shot.lib/1_Shot.slb

These models are mostly behavioral and simulate very quickly.

...Jim Thompson

Ok, I will try it, thanks very much for your help

Jim Thompson ???

Reply to
Joey-zyzmax

Pretty much *all* of the major Spices (e.g. SuperSpice, EWB, CM, B2 Spice, TINA etc) use the XSpice version of Spice3, with the XSpice bit containing the full event driven digtital whatsit.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

I want a signal to triggle the timer to work, but the inbuilt analogue timers don't this function.

Kevin Aylward ???

Reply to
Joey-zyzmax

Again, all the major spice vendors use XSpice. XSpice has inbuilt analogue timers, vcos etc. that run very fast. Why dont you read the documentation?

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

[snip]

Sure they do, RTFM!

...Jim Thompson

There is an XSpice voltage controlled oneshot. i.e. a timer. You can set it to generate a pulse on, say, a rising edge, and then use a second one to trigger on the the falling edge of the first oneshot, hence you have a delayed pulse.