Surface Mount Outlines

I am in the process of creating an AutoCAD library of SMT components. Can anyone point me to a good source of outline drawings with dimensions (including pads) that I can use as a reference? Better yet, does anyone know of a source, preferrably free, of AutoCAD blocks of SMT components?

Thanks in Advance

Reply to
Bob Sanderson

Google 'IPC-7351'

Dave

Reply to
Dave

rip em from a library in a circuit cad program, eagle has a whole lotta smt layouts in the free version, just go into the editor and export, or go by coordinates and manual copy.

--
Using Opera\'s revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply to

Hello Jim,

But I suggest to still verify them against manufacturer data sheets. Eagle libraries are AFAIK gathered in a voluntary contribution fashion so there could be inconsistencies. Data sheets almost always contain the recommended foot prints and then you have a company like TI or National behind that recommendation.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

eagle is a good source, not of neccessity a great one, it'll be accurate most of the time, and besides, a good source was asked for.

--
Using Opera\'s revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply to
jim dorey

Wrong. Eagle libraries are made by a full-time employee at CadSoft (the Librarian) who does nothing else but make footprints.

Reply to
Henk Boonsma

yeh, i forgot about that, one of the dudes that makes em showed up on the cadsot news server a ew times.

--
Using Opera\'s revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply to
jim dorey

Hello Henk,

Sorry, but that is not so. Take a look at who the authors are:

Regards, Joerg

Joerg