Subject: ANN: PCB Synergy 1.0.0.9 Beta and new Website

I am just releasing Version 1.0.0.9 Beta Release Added feeder swapping. minor fix in Mydata TP Sys 2.7 Added more Juki 2000 and 700 series and Yamaha YP/YG machines, more Panasonic machines. Updated Options tab, User interface cleansing Added Checkbox for value and footprint in feeder output. Review of all existing output formats. Fix Altium Designer multiple schematic reading Many more bug fixes.

Hope it is all to your liking. It is not a complete release as the feeder swapping needs more work for multi-line selection. Some formats are missing Panelisation. Any format issues, could you please email me on the address on the webpage.

regards Sarason

Reply to
Andrew fred

|Windows version only 8-( |Documentation in M$ DOC format 8-(

One assumes it is also closed-source and that you plan to charge for it after your volunteer (read: free) labor force beta tests it for you.

So, apparently, proprietary and closed from start to finish. Yes?

Reply to
JeffM

While Protel/Altium only runs on Windows there does not seem like any reason to port to other platforms. The output formats run on the intended machines which often as not are propriety to those machines. Although windows is becoming more dominant on the top end machines.

You can still read it in Open Office.

Yes it is closed source!

Eventually, download it while it is still free!

That would be nice, but since I released it originally in Nov 2010, I have received less than

10 emails with any suggestions for new output formats, and no bug finds.

Yes it is closed source. But look on the bright side, most of the machines (45 so far) that this program talks to are sort of closed to external developers with only very expensive software available to drive them. It talks to machines such as Panasonic MSR

Juki 2050

and so on.

Juki machines are programmed in a binary format that took me about one week to decipher each example type. There are 4 Juki types in this program at the moment.

At the other end of the scale it talks to Manncorp 7722 less that 30k new (its a desktop machine)

Yamaha YM6021 (no video available) Yamaha YM100/84 talking UFOS.

Zevatech 570(juki in non US markets)

Reply to
Andrew fred