SMT PCB Size Estimate

I would like to estimate the size of a PCB with maybe 200 SMT components on each side and 50 thru hole components on one side, some custom. Too lazy to make up a spreadsheet and search for all the common sizes. Is there downloadable software that will ease this task? Thanks, Harry

Reply to
Harry Dellamano

Not really but there are autoplacer scripts for modern CAD software such as Eagle. However, you'd still have to make up your mind whether you'd want to use 0603, 0402 or, , 0201. Huge difference in real estate.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I would work it out by the area of the chips then mpy 4.

I use PCBCAD28 which I got off ebay and that has a autoplacers to ensure shortest trakc network.

Reply to
Marra