Orcad Hierarchical Block Design

Hi, i have a problem about hierarchical block design in orcad. In a circuit i should introduce a black box:in this moment i don't know what is inside this black box but i know which pins are used, so i decided to use the hierarchical design.I want to work in layout leaving a free space for the black box so i can add the circuit later.I tried to create netlist,but a message error appears: ERROR [MNL0022] Unable to Open MNL Output File - C:\\WINDOWS\\DESKTOP\\VITO\\CIRCUITO\\TESINA.MNL ERROR [NET0011] Netlist failed or may be unusable. What can i do? thanks

Reply to
Sampei

Your problem is simply floating nodes...

Assign pins to block, as I presume you've already done.

"Descend" or "Push" into block. OrCAD will ask for a schematic name. Provide it... maybe dummyblock.sch ;-)

In the block create ports that match the block pin names.

From each of these ports connect a resistor, say 1G-ohm to GROUND.

"Ascend" or "Pop" out of this block into the TOP level. Confirm SAVE when asked.

Later replace schematic of block with one with actual contents.

Of course you're probably using Capture (gag me with a spoon), so you still may have difficulties :-(

...Jim Thompson